Mr DeepFakes Forums
  • New and improved dark forum theme!
  • Guests can now comment on videos on the tube.

Any Word On "Dead Eyes"?
So a big problem with fakes is that the eyes seem "dead" in videos after training is done. Has there been any script resolving this issue? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called "gaze estimation" or something along those lines.
(12-04-2018, 02:48 AM)FakeItMakeIt Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So a big problem with fakes is that the eyes seem "dead" in videos after training is done. Has there been any script resolving this issue? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called "gaze estimation" or something along those lines.

The eye issue has been addressed in the past in the faceswap github issues, #296.  Apparently, it used to be worse.  Currently, my understanding is that the eye problem is as good as it will be for the foreseeable future.  This is assuming use of the current faceswap repo.  Some have reported that using perceptual loss during training helps with more realistic eye movement.  That's all I know.
(12-04-2018, 03:21 AM)Pocketspeed Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(12-04-2018, 02:48 AM)FakeItMakeIt Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So a big problem with fakes is that the eyes seem "dead" in videos after training is done. Has there been any script resolving this issue? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's called "gaze estimation" or something along those lines.

The eye issue has been addressed in the past in the faceswap github issues, #296.  Apparently, it used to be worse.  Currently, my understanding is that the eye problem is as good as it will be for the foreseeable future.  This is assuming use of the current faceswap repo.  Some have reported that using perceptual loss during training helps with more realistic eye movement.  That's all I know.

Thanks for the response! Is the perceptual loss feature available in the OpenFaceLab variant? Or is this something that I have to manually add?
(12-04-2018, 03:45 AM)FakeItMakeIt Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(12-04-2018, 03:21 AM)Pocketspeed Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thanks for the response! Is the perceptual loss feature available in the OpenFaceLab variant? Or is this something that I have to manually add?

I believe it's only on the current repo of the faceswap git.  If you know python, I'm sure you can add it manually.  However, I'm not competent enough to help you with that.
I've never had this issue