MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We are looking for community members who are intested in helping out. See our HELP WANTED post.

DeepFaceLab: Denoise or not ??

dan

DF Vagrant
Does it make any accurate or faster training when using the denoise:
3.other) denoise extracted data_dst

or it's there just for a very noisy data src?
I'm curious if I should use it as a good habit from now on to improve the workflow or skip it?

Any idea if this is there for fixing purposes or improving alignment accuracy or faster training?

easy40

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
dan said:
Does it make any accurate or faster training when using the denoise:
3.other) denoise extracted data_dst

or it's there just for a very noisy data src?
I'm curious if I should use it as a good habit from now on to improve the workflow or skip it?

Any idea if this is there for fixing purposes or improving alignment accuracy or faster training?

It only helps to make the edges of the mask a bit smoother, preventing a hard line from showing up between the mask and the face of the dst video.

It is not necessary, but it may help if you're struggling to get smooth edges of the mask.

easy40

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
sabrekism said:
@"easy40" at which stage we apply this denoise thing ? cause i struggle little with border

This is just at the beginning, when you're extracting the dst pictures. If you struggle with the border, if you're using H128 then make sure that you chose "learn mask = yes". If you're using SAE, learning the mask is not that important.

At conversion, you could also try adding a little bit more blur and that may help to hide the border limit between the mask and the rest of the face.

iperov

DF Enthusiast
Developer
did someone translate manual_ru.txt about denoise?

I will do it for you:

google translated:
3. other) remove noise from the extracted data data_dst x1.bat [/ b]
3. Other) remove noise from the extracted data_dst x5.bat [/ b]
3. Others) remove noise from extracted data_dst x10.bat [/ b]

done before extracting dst persons! makes a pass through the extracted video frames, removing noise, keeping sharp edges.
A choice of three degrees: 1, 5 and 10.
This allows you to make the final fake more believable, since the neural network is not able to make a detailed skin texture, but it makes the edges quite clear.
Therefore, if the whole frame is more “blurred”, then a fake will seem more believable. Especially true for scenes of the film, which are usually very clear.

dan

DF Vagrant
Thanks! @"iperov"
I think I'll start using it now, it make sense more like "stiching" the src and dst together, sounds very useful to me!

Thanks! @"iperov"
I think I'll start using it now, it make sense more like "stitching" the data_src and data_dst together, sounds very useful to me!