MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We are looking for community members who are intested in helping out. See our HELP WANTED post.

Is it normal for DeepFaceLab to utilise CPU[9700k] more than GPU[2080ti]?

deepfakesuk

DF Vagrant
I have recently set up a SAE trainer on DeepFaceLab using my 2080ti. 

the program itself says:

Running on:

== |== [0 : GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]

& Task manager shows around 10.5 GB of my GPU Dedicated Memory is being used by the program, hwoever the actual utilisation is only hovering around 7-13% vs 33% of my CPU (9700k).
is this the norm or is the software really running on the CPU and not saying so?
any help would be brilliant, thanks

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
The RTX series has not been fully tested yet, and there are currently known bugs. So right now it's nit fully supported.

deepfakesuk

DF Vagrant
dpfks said:
The RTX series has not been fully tested yet, and there are currently known bugs. So right now it's nit fully supported.

Thanks for the reply, yeah i assumed by the creator's goal being a 2080ti they wouldn't have fully achieved it yet. thinking about it though, i would assume the "GPU" version of DFL would not work without a GPU, thus why there is a CPU version so i would say the 2080ti is working, certainly the VRAM is being used.