MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We are looking for community members who are intested in helping out. See our HELP WANTED post.

Support for 1080p and higher video resolutions

GandaLoda

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
My recent fake was a 1080p video and when I uploaded it, it is 720p. Is there an internal convertor or limit for resolution?
Please if its possible add support for 1080p and higher resolutions as I might be trying upload them in the future.

Thanks

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
Currently encoding is limited to 720p. I tested uploading 1080p and it plays, but requires long buffering, and slows down the entire website/server which makes other videos slow too. I am not sure if there is a solution to this as we don't have the resources like big tube sites. I don't even think sendvid and erome support 1080.

GandaLoda

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
dpfks said:
Currently encoding is limited to 720p. I tested uploading 1080p and it plays, but requires long buffering, and slows down the entire website/server which makes other videos slow too. I am not sure if there is a solution to this as we don't have the resources like big tube sites. I don't even think sendvid and erome support 1080.

Yeah I figured that might be an issue. Thanks anyways

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
Turned on 1080 to test now that we are encoding videos in a different method. If it's too slow with buffering we will have to revert back to 720.

mondomonger

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
Good timing for me. Just uploaded 2 new 1080p clips.

90% of the time I am using 720p as the conversion rate is about 6fps while conversions on 1080p are about 1.3fps. I'm only using 1080p if the clip has a lot of "small heads" that require it or if the clip is short enough that I don't mind the extra time.