MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We are looking for community members who are intested in helping out. See our HELP WANTED post.

Using DeepFaceLab prebuilt binary, face extraction is very slow, what's causing it?

LingCHN19

DF Vagrant
Hello, may I ask a question please?

I'm having a problem: face extraction is very slow with both dlib and MT, any idea what's causing it? I have uninstalled anything related to CUDA or Python in case they would interfere.

Thanks.

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
How slow is slow? It should give you an estimated time for each step. Can you provide a screen shot while it's working?

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
That doesn't look like the GPU version, but I can't get the CPU version working to see if it looks the same. Usually it will say that process it's running under CPU or GPU. When using the download link, there is a file labelled CPU and one without. The large 1.6G file is the one you want for GPU.

LingCHN19

DF Vagrant
dpfks said:
That doesn't look like the GPU version, but I can't get the CPU version working to see if it looks the same. Usually it will say that process it's running under CPU or GPU. When using the download link, there is a file labelled CPU and one without. The large 1.6G file is the one you want for GPU.

I used the GPU version file (1.67G), I also installed the latest Nvidia driver.

iperov

DF Enthusiast
Developer
edit _internal\setenv.bat

rem SET TF_SUPPRESS_STD=1

and try extract again to see detailed log

iperov

DF Enthusiast
Developer
@"LingCHN19" is folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI exists ?

@"LingCHN19" have you TeamViewer ? I can connect to you and check.

LingCHN19

DF Vagrant
iperov said:
@"LingCHN19" is folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI exists ?

@"LingCHN19" have you TeamViewer ? I can connect to you and check.

I checked, the folder doesn't exist.