MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We are looking for community members who are intested in helping out. See our HELP WANTED post.

what the highest res on 900P and 1080P monitor that can show all column preview panel

My monitor is 900p.I run 384 res and it can show 1 column at a time.
So if i want to see dst_prd and compare it to dst_dst
I have to click space 3 time then click space 3 time just compare a single image.Then i have to do the same for every single image.
Updating is slower too.
So i have 2 choice.Either lower the res or get higher res monitor.

Groggy4

NotSure
Verified Video Creator
Above 256 it will show max 2 pics no matter the monitor resolution. Below 256 it's just simple math to figure out what will fit. Five pics on row, four in height.

Groggy4 said:
Above 256 it will show max 2 pics no matter the monitor resolution. Below 256 it's just simple math to figure out what will fit. Five pics on row, four in height.

That was bad new.Im fine with 256 full face.But the mask is not fully cover.256 whole face is basicly 192 full face.Definitely not good enough in close up shot.

Groggy4

NotSure
Verified Video Creator
True. But as long as you can at least see one entire face in preview, I'd stick with higher res. It will take longer. But also give way better result.

TMBDF

Moderator | Deepfake Creator | Guide maintainer
Staff member
Verified Video Creator
onedayfaker said:
Groggy4 said:

That was bad new.Im fine with 256 full face.But the mask is not fully cover.256 whole face is basicly 192 full face.Definitely not good enough in close up shot.

I'd say it's even worse than this, I like to measure from known facial landmarks so chin to eyebrow and then measure it but if you do it from chin to about half of forehead (what FF covers) then WF at even 352 res has equivalent amount of resolution dedicated to full face area as if it was 192-224 (because faces are small to cover everything but they could be slightly bigger).

If you're interested I made a simple mod that adds 2 more face types that are slightly bigger than full face but smaller than wf (coverage). But as with all face types, once you select it you can't change it and model will be stuck at this custom facetype that I can't guarantee works flawlessly as I'm still pretraining my 352 res DF-UD model using it. Face types are full face extra (still cuts of bits of forehead and chin but less than FF) and medium whole face (I'd say it covers most faces just fine as WF, including on profile shots but on some pics with less ideal alignments it may cut off a bit of chin/forehead or not cover area near ears).

sharital

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
It would be nice if we could override the default and tell the preview window to show more rows. Can just do that with another option added to the Train options.

Training preview window rows (d=default, 2, 4, 6, 8): _

d would act as it does now (pick based on resolution). 2, 4, 6 would override this and show more rows, as selected.

tutsmybarreh said:
onedayfaker said:
Groggy4 said:

I'd say it's even worse than this, I like to measure from known facial landmarks so chin to eyebrow and then measure it but if you do it from chin to about half of forehead (what FF covers) then WF at even 352 res has equivalent amount of resolution dedicated to full face area as if it was 192-224 (because faces are small to cover everything but they could be slightly bigger).

If you're interested I made a simple mod that adds 2 more face types that are slightly bigger than full face but smaller than wf (coverage). But as with all face types, once you select it you can't change it and model will be stuck at this custom facetype that I can't guarantee works flawlessly as I'm still pretraining my 352 res DF-UD model using it. Face types are full face extra (still cuts of bits of forehead and chin but less than FF) and medium whole face (I'd say it covers most faces just fine as WF, including on profile shots but on some pics with less ideal alignments it may cut off a bit of chin/forehead or not cover area near ears).

Yes i really interest.Or you can just tell me which files i have to edit.

TMBDF

Staff member
Verified Video Creator
sharital said:
It would be nice if we could override the default and tell the preview window to show more rows.  Can just do that with another option added to the Train options.

Training preview window rows (d=default, 2, 4, 6, 8): _

d would act as it does now (pick based on resolution).  2, 4, 6 would override this and show more rows, as selected.

I'll see if I can change the code to do something about it, maybe at least do something to make it show all faces.

@onedayfaker it's not one file, it's several and I'm still testing it to see if it works correctly, once it's ready I'll make it public (maybe).

aXu

DF Pleb
there are two files :)
my workaround on a 4k Monitor and 512px train:
Trainer.py -> Line 260 -> max_size = 1440
Model.py -> Line 658 -> change to -> n_samples = 3
Model.py -> Line 660 -> change to -> if self.resolution <= 512:

Works for me, no guarantee

TMBDF

Staff member
Verified Video Creator
aXu said:
there are two files :)
my workaround on a 4k Monitor and 512px train:
Trainer.py -> Line 260 -> max_size = 1440
Model.py -> Line 658 -> change to -> n_samples = 3
Model.py -> Line 660 -> change to -> if self.resolution <= 512:

Works for me, no guarantee

I wasn't referring to preview code but to face_type one.

aXu

DF Pleb
i dont understand what u mean :/
if the training res is over 256, de preview is changed. my workaround shows me still the normal preview as with under 256px :)