MrDeepFakes Forums
  • New and improved dark forum theme!
  • Guests can now comment on videos on the tube.

Total Likes Received: 2 (0.01 per day | 0.11 percent of total 1834)
(Find All Threads Liked ForFind All Posts Liked For) Total Likes Given: 0 (0 per day | 0 percent of total 1871)
(Find All Liked ThreadsFind All Liked Posts)

lkas0012
(LightFaker)
LightFaker

Registration Date: 04-23-2019
Date of Birth: Not Specified
Local Time: 09-16-2019 at 02:54 PM

lkas0012's Most Liked Post
Post Subject Numbers of Likes
RE: Constant out of memory on EVERYTHING I do 1
Thread Subject Forum Name
Constant out of memory on EVERYTHING I do Questions
Post Message
I go through a few steps when trying to fix oom messages:

- Use afterburner or any tool that will show you your gpu framebuffer (ram) use in realtime. This will give you an idea of how much vram is being used by the os and other apps prior to running dfl, and then it will show you if dfl is pushing you up to 100% while it's running. The message is pretty clear, you're out of vram, so you need to try to figure out why.

- The Windows task manager details tab can have columns enabled for GPU memory use by task. Right now, I can see that Chrome.exe is using 2gb vram on my 1080ti. Your 2080 might have 8gb vram, but you'll find that it has much less than that available if it's your main gpu. If you ran it as a secondary GPU, you would likely have almost all of that vram available for dfl

- have you adjusted dims or the resolution at all? Any increase in those and you'll find the batch size has to come down quite a bit.

- using style values above 0 will take additional vram as well. 

- It's really hard to compare to settings that others are using with the same gpu or other 8gb cards and use that as any sort of guide. If your gpu is a secondary card and you're training with the exact same model parameters and version of dfl then yes, you should be able to use the same batch size. But if it's your primary card in Windows and you're running a different set of parameters, all bets are off.

lkas0012's Forum Info
Today, 12:44 AM
Total Posts:
13 (0.09 posts per day | 0.13 percent of total posts) Find All Posts
Total Threads:
2 (0.01 threads per day | 0.09 percent of total threads) Find All Threads
Time Spent Online:
2 Weeks, 3 Days, 10 Hours
Thanks/Likes:
Given: 0 | Recieved: 2
Members Referred:
lkas0012's Contact Details