MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We have temporarily disabled registrations. It will be re-enabled within a few weeks.

Support for 1080p and higher video resolutions

GandaLoda

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
My recent fake was a 1080p video and when I uploaded it, it is 720p. Is there an internal convertor or limit for resolution?
Please if its possible add support for 1080p and higher resolutions as I might be trying upload them in the future.

Thanks

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
Currently encoding is limited to 720p. I tested uploading 1080p and it plays, but requires long buffering, and slows down the entire website/server which makes other videos slow too. I am not sure if there is a solution to this as we don't have the resources like big tube sites. I don't even think sendvid and erome support 1080.

GandaLoda

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
dpfks said:
Currently encoding is limited to 720p. I tested uploading 1080p and it plays, but requires long buffering, and slows down the entire website/server which makes other videos slow too. I am not sure if there is a solution to this as we don't have the resources like big tube sites. I don't even think sendvid and erome support 1080.

Yeah I figured that might be an issue. Thanks anyways

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
Turned on 1080 to test now that we are encoding videos in a different method. If it's too slow with buffering we will have to revert back to 720.

mondomonger

DF Admirer
Verified Video Creator
Good timing for me. Just uploaded 2 new 1080p clips.

90% of the time I am using 720p as the conversion rate is about 6fps while conversions on 1080p are about 1.3fps. I'm only using 1080p if the clip has a lot of "small heads" that require it or if the clip is short enough that I don't mind the extra time.