MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We have temporarily disabled registrations. It will be re-enabled within a few weeks.

HTML5: Video Not Found Error

LonelyAsteroid

DF Vagrant
Hello,

For some unknown reason, I get this error where the video is blank and replaced with "html5: Video file not found" randomly with some videos but not others. I get this error when I use my phone to catch the videos and I've been getting it on my computer too. Can someone explain what is going on?

TMBDF

Moderator | Deepfake Creator | Guide maintainer
Staff member
Verified Video Creator
If a video is permanently displaying this error report it on the website, there is a report button, but it can also occur randomly for some time and then stop, often it's enough if you refresh the page or close a tab and open it again, other times reloging, turnining your browser off and on again and clearing cache and cookies can help too.

Also please don't make new threads about it, there is one already, I will merge them together.

haibai886

DF Vagrant
It has been months and this happens every time I visit this site and try to watch a video. It is the only website that does this. The only way to fix it is to switch my VPN server location. My VPN is required because I am in a country that has a firewall.

TMBDF

Moderator | Deepfake Creator | Guide maintainer
Staff member
Verified Video Creator
haibai886 said:
It has been months and this happens every time I visit this site and try to watch a video. It is the only website that does this. The only way to fix it is to switch my VPN server location. My VPN is required because I am in a country that has a firewall.

Can you link a video that doesn't work for you? I personally have not had this issue occur to me much recently but then I don't watch those videos. @"dpfks"

haibai886

DF Vagrant
TMBDF said:
haibai886 said:

Can you link a video that doesn't work for you? I personally have not had this issue occur to me much recently but then I don't watch those videos. @"dpfks"
FYI, the issue is most likely due to my VPN messing with something on the website. I just experimented by turning all extensions off and the site worked fine, but I risk being caught by the firewall eventually and it blocking the site.
If I just use my VPN(Surfshark) with no other extensions, I will occasionally get the 'html5 error'. The country I connect to with VPN does not matter, they all do this. I checked in my Chrome console and it says stuff like:
Code:
GET https://media12.mrdeepfakes.com/remote_control.php?file=B64YTo0OntzOjQ6InRp…5tcDQiO3M6MjoiY3YiO3M6MzI6ImI3YzIwZjlhYzY0OTZmY2I2YWUzYTkyODBkNzBjMmYzIjt9 403 (Forbidden)
jads.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'adsbyjuicy')
    at Fe (jads.js:1)
    at jads.js:1
    at jads.js:1
So from what it looks like there is a rule in the backend that will block me pretty randomly. If one video is blocked, I can still click on other random videos and they will sometimes still work. I tested this by going from video to video, there is always a chance that the video will error out instead of playing, but it will sometimes work just fine.

keffzin92

DF Vagrant
Same problem here... tried multiple browsers on Windows 10: html5: Video file not found

It's happening today, 8/23/2022. I've been trying to watch a video for over an hour and all the videos are having the same error.

I'm not using a VPN or anything like that. 3 hours ago the website was working.

dpfks

DF Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
When experiencing this error, please post an example video link that's not working for you.

CockGod420

DF Vagrant
It happens with every video, I have no VPN, I have no cashe, I have no cookies, I have cleared them multiple times as well as restarted my device, browser, wifi, and I even tried it on my pc with the same error. "HTML5: Error video not found" with a black screen. I've reported it multiple times to no avail, but it sucks cause this website has the best videos arround. Weirdest part is that it worked up until a couple of months ago. Like I was able to watch every video perfectly fine. The only thing that has changed for me between now and then is that I have a new phone so maybe that has something to do with it.

TIDF

DF Enthusiast
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
It happens with every video, I have no VPN, I have no cashe, I have no cookies, I have cleared them multiple times as well as restarted my device, browser, wifi, and I even tried it on my pc with the same error. "HTML5: Error video not found" with a black screen. I've reported it multiple times to no avail, but it sucks cause this website has the best videos arround. Weirdest part is that it worked up until a couple of months ago. Like I was able to watch every video perfectly fine. The only thing that has changed for me between now and then is that I have a new phone so maybe that has something to do with it.

You have reported it multiple times, via which channel ? The only way to report this is by using the "Support" menu link at the top of the page.
Using the forum, or the "Report" option on the video are not valid ways to request support.

I've removed your IP from the blacklist, but please, do not follow links from external websites to this website.

Normally, you only get added to the blacklist when the anti-bot system thinks your video traffic is "bot"-like.

TIDF

DF Enthusiast
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
For all the other ppl still having "Video file not found" issues, please use the "Support" menu link at the top of the page. We won't provide support in the forum, since we'll need to ask for personal IP details, which we don't want to request via public forums.

However, first try turning of ALL adblocking software (browser plugins, pi-hole, etc) , VPN and proxies. If after turning any of those off, it works, then there's no use in requesting support since you already know what is causing the issue.

TheRealSpeedforceFakes

DF Pleb
Verified Video Creator
I've been getting the Html5 video file not found error when I try to view my videos. I've turned off adblocker and cleared my cache and cookies and still having this issue although it seems to work for other as the videos are getting views still and works on the mobile site so I not sure what the issue is. Can someone help?View attachment 535

TIDF

DF Enthusiast
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
This is caused by multiple protections on the site,
  • Site bot protection: when you are quickly viewing many videos (incl. previews) within a short timeframe, you are temporarily blocked for viewing videos. This limit has been increased. However, to avoid this in the future, it's best not to quickly hover over all videos.. if you reach the limit you will get blocked temporarily again.
  • Mass download protection, if you use a script to scrape the site, or use a lot of external links from other sites to visit MRDF, you will eventually be added to the blocklist permanently.
We unfortunately have to do this, since there are a lot of ppl / webmasters who are downloading the videos on this site to put on their own site. And these ppl use bots / scrapers to generate a lot of requests to this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nixogen

DF Vagrant
Experiencing the same exact error, tried switching browsers and turning off all extensions. I use ExpressVPN.