MrDeepFakes Forums

Some content may not be available to Guests. Consider registering an account to enjoy unrestricted access to guides, support and tools

• We have temporarily disabled registrations. It will be re-enabled within a few weeks.

HTML5: Video Not Found Error

As of about two weeks ago, I get the same thing. I use ExpressVPN but it doesn't seem to matter what IP I come from. New browser, cleared cache/cookies/etc. AFAICT I'm not a bot or a scraper.

ambivalenthoe

DF Vagrant
Just disabling all our protections and handing over our private information is not a realistic request. All your site safeguards are not stopping video scrapes that go to other sites, just do a google search. Meanwhile, this stuff disables functionality for many normal users.

666VR999

DF Enthusiast
seems to happen randomly to me, but when it happens it's the entire site, so I guess it's VPN related maybe I'm connected via a bad range....but it's the absolute worst when it happens mid-fap o_O:eek:šŸ¤£

It's ironic, isn't it? The scrapers steal content, then MrD blocks regular users from this website, so instead they go to the ones who are stealing content and give them the ad revenue instead. It seems counterproductive.

666VR999

DF Enthusiast
I had it today, so I just got my VPN to use a different site and I musta then popped out in a non black listed range cos it then worked :)

TIDF

DF Enthusiast
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
It's ironic, isn't it? The scrapers steal content, then MrD blocks regular users from this website, so instead they go to the ones who are stealing content and give them the ad revenue instead. It seems counterproductive.
The amount of regular users that have been blocked by the 'blacklisting' system is < 1%. If you report it via support (top menu), we will instantly remove you from the list. But again, most of the time the reporting user is NOT in the blacklist and is due to other factors.

Most of these are either browser extensions, video server issues or our anti-DDoS shield shifting to 'aggressive' during attacks.

If you want to know which, please report it via support. We need a lot more info to investigate issues, and the forum is not the place for that.

I hear you, but when it's jerk off time I'm extra lazy and other sites are right around the corner.

When I was motivated to troubleshoot it myself, I was rotating my IP (ExpressVPN) and then loading the page in an incognito browser directly from a fresh IP, without a non-incognito window open. No browser extensions in play, no cookies/local/sessionstorage in play. All times of day, all videos, all IPs. View / vote counts have been tapering down lately, so I wonder if it's still <1% or if you're unintentionally catching more people in the net than you realize? Only a hunch.

TIDF

DF Enthusiast
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
Almost all people who have contacted support were not in the blacklist. That's the only way we can accurately measure the percentages.

Every person who is not in the blacklist gets the response below to further investigate the issue.

And please, do not add screenshots to this thread. If you want to send screenshots, open a ticket via "Support" in the top menu.

Please try disabling any active 'blocker' browser extension, e.g. adblock, privacy block, etc

Also try with and without VPN (if you have any).

If this is the cause, we can't really resolve that.

If this is not the problem, what you can do is go to a video page, open Developer Console in your browser (F12 in most browsers), click on play video, and then make a screenshot of both the Console and the Network tab, upload the screenshots to an image sharing website, like imgur.com, and provide the links in the email / ticket.

If you check the Network tab, you should see something like "remote_control.php" in the File/Url column, that's the most important part.

I understand that this is quite technical, but the more information you can provide us, the better we can investigate.

Regarding the stats, there was a huge influx of new visitors due to the Twitch / streamer media attention, and that is now dying down. The view count has again stabilized to what is was before all the attention.

Last edited:

TIDF

DF Enthusiast
Administrator
Verified Video Creator
Ok, we've investigated the issue more thoroughly based on the information we received from users via the support system.

It seemed there was still a protection enabled on the video servers which was causing issues. We've now disabled this.

Please retry and if you still have issues, please report them to support.

gjm1113

DF Vagrant
Ok, we've investigated the issue more thoroughly based on the information we received from users via the support system.

It seemed there was still a protection enabled on the video servers which was causing issues. We've now disabled this.

Please retry and if you still have issues, please report them to support.
ExpressVPN is still blocked for me. I will report to support.

hjgkks5409

DF Vagrant
Any update on ExpressVPN being blocked? Been about 6 months since i could watch anything on this site since my ISP blocks it and i get html5 errors while connected to vpn

666VR999

DF Enthusiast
@gjm1113 and @hjgkks5409 have you tried making your VPN come out at a different end point? like refreshing? My VPN (not ExpressVPN) does this some times and if you leave it connected will always use the same point, if you refresh it to use another exit point, maybe try another country then it often fixes my problems.

DarkEros

DF Vagrant
I've tried clicking every video but none of them seem to work, they all display "html5: Video file not found". Can anyone help me with figuring this out? I'm not using any vpn, and I've tried clearing my cookies and stuff but to no avail.

tonic5676

DF Vagrant
this comes up every time i try watch a video please help
1693381390796.jpeg